Italian sausage and capsicum in the oven are easy, healthy, and versatile! Serve with rice, pasta, as sandwiches, or on their own. One pan!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 package precooked Italian sausage cut into 1/2-inch rounds (12 ounces) (purchase here)
- 1 medium red capsicum sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow capsicum sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small brown onion sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus additional to taste
Optional for serving: thinly sliced fresh basil, chopped fresh parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. For easy clean up, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cut sausage, capsicums, and onions in the centre of the pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and red wine vinegar, then sprinkle with the garlic, salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine, then arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the peppers are as tender as you like, tossing once halfway through. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight storage container for up to 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat gently in the microwave.
- TO FREEZE. Freeze leftovers in an airtight, freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- SERVING IDEAS: Try this Italian sausage and capsicum over rice or cauliflower rice, inside a toasted bun with a slice of provolone cheese, or with whole wheat pasta noodles.
Recipe Credits: Sausage and Peppers https://www.wellplated.com/sausage-and-peppers/