- 150g sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 5 medium eggs
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup peeled steamed chopped chestnuts (purchase here)
- ¼ cup grated low fat tasty cheese
- Olive oil
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoon tomato relish
- Preheat an oven grill to high.
- Grease a large frying pan with olive oil.
- Add the sweet potato and red onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Whisk the eggs then pour into the pan.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with spinach leaves and chestnuts and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes until surface is nearly set.
- Sprinkle the frittata with the cheese and place under the grill until golden and fully set on top.
- Serve in wedges with 1 cup of cooked brown rice and 2 teaspoons of tomato relish.
If you are putting your frypan in the oven, make sure it has a heat proof handle.