Cooking Time: 3 hours
- 1 kg Chestnut Brae pork belly, diced (purchase here)
- 125 ml soy sauce (Tamari is a gluten free option)
- 125 ml red wine
- 125 ml Raw honey
- 2 whole star anise
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 x7cm cinnamon stick
- 625 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (there is a gluten free variety if needed)
- 1 cup dry weight white medium-grain rice, steamed
- 1 bunch Asian greens, steamed
- 4 freshly baked bread rolls (Or Gluten free alternative)
- Pre-heat the oven to 120C.
- On the stove top, heat a large casserole dish and add the pork, turning it until it’s browned and sealed on all sides.
- Now add all of the the remaining ingredients except the rice, greens and bread.
- Cover and cook in the oven for three hours.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice with a side of steamed Asian greens and the freshly baked bread rolls,
Recipe: Nannup Brook Farm