- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500gm pork fillet, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, sweet hungarian
- 1 tablespoon chestnut flour (purchase here)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or Dairy free alternative)
- salt and pepper
2 hours 20 minutes prep
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, saute the onions for 5 minutes in the oil. Add the pork and saute until browned.
- Mix in chili powder, garlic, and paprika and cook for 2 or 3 minutes more while stirring and scraping up bits from the bottom.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir in; cook another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth a little at a time; mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes, puree, and red capsicum.
- cover and simmer gently until the meat is cooked through, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of cooking liquid into a bowl and mix yogurt in well.
- Remove pork mixture from the heat and add yogurt mixture; stir to combine.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper and heat through without boiling.
- Serve with rice or noodles.