Makes: 8 to 10 Pancakes
- 1 cup chestnut Flour (Purchase here)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 3 Eggs
- Oil for cooking
- Place Flours, baking powder, bi carb soda, Sugar, Salt and all Spices
into a large bowl, and mix very well.
- Add Milk and Eggs, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan (non-stick preferred) over medium
heat. Oil the pan very lightly and cook pancakes for 2 minutes or
until bubbles appear on surface and the edges get cooked. Flip over
and cook for further 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with a clean tea
towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, oiling pan between
- Serve with Greek Yoghurt or Whipped Cream, Honey, Golden Syrup, Maple
Syrup, or Chestnut Syrup (purchase here).
Recipe Adapted From: Hiroko Liston