Super easy recipe!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 red capsicum sliced into strips
- 1 red onion cut into wedges peeled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 Chestnut Brae fresh chorizo sausages sliced lengthways then cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 150 g spinach or kale leaves
- 4 eggs free-range
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Toss capsicum and onion in a little olive oil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in an oven-proof frypan or shallow casserole dish over medium-high heat. Fry chorizo until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Cook garlic and spices in the chorizo-flavoured oil for 1-2 minutes, then add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat a few tablespoons of water in a small saucepan. Add spinach and cook until wilted – less than a minute. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Stud the top of the tomato sauce with fried chorizo, baked capsicum and onion and wilted spinach. Use a spoon to make four indentations and crack in the eggs.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until egg whites have set and yolks are still a little gooey.
- Serve with toasted sourdough or ciabatta.
Note: Please ensure pan has an oven proof handle.
Adapted from: Greer Worsley for Australia’s Best Recipes.