Adapted from a recipe by Chef Peio Aramburu, Trattoria Strada Nova, Columbia, Mo.USA
- 1 cup spinach or silverbeet
- ½ cup peeled and steamed chestnuts (purchase here)
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 2-4 small quail
- assorted vegetables: artichokes, potatoes, carrots, turnips, parsnips and chestnuts
- Grapeseed oil or Macadamia oil for roasting
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Work the spinach, peeled chestnuts, apricot, goat cheese and salt and pepper with your hands until smooth.
- Stuff the quail
- Sear quail in Grapeseed oil, breast side down, until golden brown.
- Place quail breast side up in 200C (400F) degree oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Vegetable bed: Brush vegetables with oil and roast until tender. Place stuffed quail on top of vegetables.
- Deglaze searing pan with red wine and use as a sauce.