Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25min
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g cooked and peeled chestnuts, roughly chopped (Purchase here)
- 4 cups chicken stock *this soup thickens on standing – add extra stock if necessary.
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- Sour cream, to serve (Optional- remove for Dairy Free)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add chestnuts and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add stock, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and peas. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until peas are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree with a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste. Ladle into bowls and top each with a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with chestnut crisps* if liked and serve.
*To make chestnut crisps; slice 50g of cooked and peeled chestnuts in a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, tossing often, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
Recipe and Image Credits: Chestnuts Australia