Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45min
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved lengthways and finely sliced
- 350g button mushrooms, diced
- 400g cooked and peeled chestnuts (Purchase here)
- 5 cups chicken stock *this soup thickens on standing, if necessary, add extra stock.
- Cream or natural Greek-style yogurt, to serve
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until softening. Stir in chestnuts and stock, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chestnuts are soft. Remove from heat.
- Using a hand blender, blend soup until smooth. Simmer over low heat until hot. Season to taste. Ladle into serving bowls. Drizzle with cream or top with a dollop of yogurt and serve.
- Top with pan-fried sliced chestnuts for a crunchy garnish, if desired.
Recipe and Image Credits: Chestnuts Australia