Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 500g of cooked and peeled chestnuts (Purchase here)
- 200g chopped Chestnut Brae, Nitrate Free streaky bacon (Purchase here)
- 250g tubular spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Begin cooking pasta to packet directions. When it is at al dente stage, reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta and return to pot, adding olive oil.
- Sauté bacon in a frying pan on medium heat until crispy – about five minutes. Add chestnuts to the bacon and continue stirring over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and a generous pinch of cracked pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the cooked pasta and stir. Add cooking water and stir before returning to stove on medium heat.
- Add half the chestnut bacon mixture and stir to combine. Continue stirring gently until sauce has thickened and pasta is warmed through.
- Serve pasta on plates, topped with reserved bacon and chestnuts. Sprinkle with more cracked pepper and additional grated Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and Image Credits: Chestnuts Australia