- 2 cups home made chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chestnuts, rough chopped (purchase here)
- 1/2 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté mushrooms in 1 teaspoon butter until soft;
- add chestnuts and chicken stock; Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer to reduce liquid until you have about 1 cup
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove from heat and whisk in softened butter
- Serve with grilled pheasant, duck breast or your favourite poultry dish.
Recipe from : Chef Tom Kelly, Hattie’s Grill, 111 St. Joseph Sutton’s Bay, MI 49682, USA