Recipe from Columbia Daily Tribune, http://www.columbiatribune.com/
• 1 cup peeled chestnuts (purchase here)
• 1 tart apple
• 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
• ¼ cup chopped onion
• 2 cloves fresh garlic
• ¼ cup goat cheese
• 1 pasture raised egg
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
• butter, as needed
- Steam the peeled chestnuts for 20-25 minutes
- In sauté pan, heat with butter and sauté onion, garlic and apples until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix together egg and all cheeses.
- In a food processor, purée chestnuts and cheeses until smooth, then fold in apples and onion mixture. Add small amounts of water to adjust consistency if too dry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to stuff ravioli.
• 3 ½ cups gluten free plain flour
• 12 large pasture raised egg yolks
• 2 large pasture raised eggs
• 1 Tbsp. first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. milk
• egg wash
- Mound flour in bowl or on a smooth surface and create a well in the middle.
- Pour egg yolks, egg, oil and milk in well. Using fingers, incorporate very slowly.
- Form into ball and knead several times (should be flaky but still hold together).
- Knead for 15 minutes, double-wrap with plastic wrap, refrigerate and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide and run pasta through pasta machine starting on largest setting and work your way down to second smallest setting. Once you have several strips of pasta, lay pieces out on lightly floured surface and brush with egg wash.
- Mark circles with 2-inch cookie cutter, leaving ½ inch between each circle for every other strip of pasta.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of filling in each circle. Lay unmarked strips of pasta gently on top and push down between mounds to remove bubbles. Using biscuit cutter with fluted edges, cut out each ravioli. Cook in lightly boiling water for five to six minutes, then drain.
- Cook immediately or freeze for later use.