• 700 grams / 24 oz. organic riced cauliflower
• 425 gram / 15 oz. organic butternut pumpkin
• 1 large yellow onion, chopped
• 1 cup of organic, whole, roasted & peeled chestnuts, chopped (purchase here)
• 450 gram /16 oz. organic chicken broth
• 1 cup of organic, full fat, coconut milk
• 2 tbsp. fresh sage
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Lake Deborah salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a saucepan. Add chopped onion and chestnuts, and sauté over medium heat until onion is tender and golden, and chestnuts are hot.
- Add riced cauliflower to onions and chestnuts and mix to combine.
- Saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Immediately add chicken broth to cauliflower-chestnut mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken broth is fully absorbed, making sure to stir occasionally.
- Once chicken broth has been absorbed, add butternut pumpkin to cauliflower-chestnut mixture, stirring occasionally, until liquid from butternut pumpkin is absorbed.
- Add coconut milk to risotto and simmer, stirring occasionally, until coconut milk is absorbed and cauliflower rice has a creamy, risotto-like consistency.
- Adjust salt to taste. Turn off heat and sprinkle with fresh sage. Serve and enjoy!